Thursday, April 09, 2015

IT'S EVERYTHING

It's Everything Oil On linen 50 x 50 cm



Yes!
-
It's everything!
Every planet, universe, piece of cosmic dust
thought, blessing, emotion
Every drop of water, tear, atom
Desire
Object
Non-object
Every kind of scape, seen and unseen
Beginnings
and
Endings
-
Everything.
................................................................................................................



My new painting posed some problems for me. I loved it, but what was I going to title it? I know I was thinking expansive thoughts when I was painting it, but the few title options I had come up with seemed too limiting.  And, Untitled seemed lazy and vacuous.

So, I was discussing my dilemma with one of my young adult children. After playing with a few title possibilities I heard myself say 'It's everything really...everything.' Ah Ha...I thought...there's the title! And, young adult 'child' agreed.............It's Everything


...............................................................................................................

Can you see everything?

If not, can you see multiple things or possibilities?

'Fly' in your imagination to places beyond, spaces inside. Skit around the peripheries...as if you are playing on the foreshores of the ocean. Allow the 'water' to take you, let the 'sand' swallow you, invite the 'sky' to engulf you...all at once!

Yes, regular readers will know where I am going with this...seeing multi-perspectives simultaneously!

As I have previously written, cosmology is imploring us to traverse new and exciting perspectives of close and far distances. The revelatory nature of dynamic perspective is promising, enticing, seductive...and a little scary and forbidding. Why? It might mean we need to change!


NEWS
  • My entry in the Moreton Bay Art Awards 2015 has been selected as a finalist.
  • I have again been invited to participate in the $30,000 Tattersall's Club Landscape Art Prize. This is an invitation only art award, and I am thrilled to have been invited again. The award takes place in September.
  • Just in case you missed it, Kirsten Fogg, from The Belonging Blog, wrote a wonderful piece Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox: Visual artist and cosmic explorer about me and my work. I LOVE the title she gave the article, especially the cosmic explorer bit...

Cheers,
Kathryn
www.kathrynbrimblecombe-fox.com

No comments: