Friday, August 01, 2014

8 YEARS BLOGGING ANNIVERSARY

 
Me in my studio with Pale Blue Dot in progress; Note glass of bubbly! Yes, it's after 5 pm!
This painting will be in my next exhibition UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE
 
 
8 YEARS!
 

It's 8 years this August since I started my BLOG!

Initially I posted daily...well...that did not last long. Trying to write daily is really hard. Since those first few weeks, I have posted once a week.

Yes, once a week for 8 years!

Once a week is great. It's manageable and gives me time to think about my next post.

I really look forward to writing posts. Writing has now become an integral part of my creative process. As I write, new ideas for paintings either pop into my head or appear slowly through the mists of consciousness. Some of these ideas manifest in actual paintings!

I am very happy to report that my BLOG now receives over 3,000 visitors per month. It has been picked up by various online newsfeeds etc particularly with a science/art focus. I am very grateful to all my Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google+ and more recently Instagram followers/friends who 'like' and/or pass things on for me. Yes, I am a social media fiend/fan! And, I am a tail-ender of the Baby Boomer generation!


 
***********************
 
 
CELEBRATION
 

To celebrate my BLOG's birthday I thought I'd do a few things: Most popular post and those posts that have been widely spread around social media plus news of my forthcoming solo exhibition UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE, plus the Tattersall's $30,000 Landscape Art Prize and more!


1. The most popular post is COSMIC OUROBOROS
Seems like the ancient symbol of a snake eating its own tail gets people excited. I LOVE this painting. Why? Because, there is no chance it will disappear into the décor! Plus, its known and unknown stories are there to be told.


http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/cosmic-ouroboros.html
Cosmic Ouroboros Oil on  linen 120 x 150 cm 2012
 
 
2. Here are a few posts that people on GOOGLE+ have spread around, a lot.
The most is RISKY BUSINESS
Followed by two very recent posts
PALE BLUE DOT  and SHARED LANDSCAPE IN THE MULTIVERSE 

And, I LOVE all the paintings in these posts too! Shared Landscape [below] poses questions about land ownership, territorial rights, boundaries and more. How does it pose questions? With its investigation of cosmic perspectives, I hope, it might make people think about the fact that we ALL call Earth home. Let's work together to sustain the planet rather than fight over bits of it. After all, there's nowhere else, at least for the long time being, for us to go!


http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/shared-landscapein-multiverse.html
Shared Landscape Oil on linen 100 x 70 cm 2014


3. NEWS

TATTERSALL'S LANDSCAPE ART PRIZE
  • I have again been invited to enter the Tattersall's Club $30,000 Landscape Art Prize. Shall keep you up to date on this. I deliver the painting on the 26th August and the winner is announced on 3rd September. Chris Saines, the Director of QAGOMA, is the judge this year.
UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE
  • My exhibition UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE opens its doors on Tuesday 2nd September at Graydon Gallery, New Farm, Brisbane, Australia. The gallery is a rental space, because until I attract a dealer, I will continue to exhibit in places like Graydon. It's actually a great space and my paintings, I think, look great hanging there. Plus, people come...and they buy! And, there's non-metered street car parking too!

    I am having an Artist's Talk at UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE on Sunday 7th September at 10.30 am. If you are in Brisbane, please come along. Morning tea too...I am bringing out my country urn to make lots of cups of tea. Graydon Gallery, 29 Merthyr Rd, new Farm, Brisbane.

http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com.au/p/untethering-landscape.html


ARTICLE
  • AND, Carolyn McDowell from the terrific online arts and cultural magazine THE CULTURE CONCEPT has written an article about UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE. She has written about a few of my exhibitions and she 'gets it'!
    You can read Carolyn's latest article:
    Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox Artist, Life & Landscape Entwined by clicking
    HERE       
    And, when you have read it please share, to help get the message OUT THERE.



http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/emergent.html
Studio shot. Emergent Landscape Gouache on paper 52 x 115 cm in background.
This painting will also be in UNTETHERING LANDSCAPE
 

I spend a lot of my time in my studio...actually two studios. I know...sounds like a luxury, but in reality one studio is also known as the garage. It's where I paint my big oils. My second 'studio' is a funny small room, with an unsealed ceiling, where the hot water system and fuse box are both situated. This is where I paint my works on paper. The photo at the very top, is taken in my garage studio! The photo, just above, was taken in my works-on-paper-studio.


My daughter's cat came to stay with us over a year ago. Here he is...with red paint...this is what happens when you live with an artist.
 
 
To everyone who reads and visits my BLOG...THANK-YOU!

Cheers,
Kathryn
www.kathrynbrimblecombe-fox.com

2 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

Congrats on your 8 years of wonderful art and blogging. All the way from Mississippi I am able to see your art and visit with you. Also, having had 6 Siamese cats in my life, I think I am able to point one out. Your daughter's cat looks like a Chocolate Point, although I think more of a Tonkinese. I had a Tonkinese with emerald eyes male named Beauregard. He was my buddy. Many blessings friend. I look forward to 8 more. Tov!

Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox said...

Thank you Ron! Yes, the cat is Tonkinese...but he thinks he is a person. Thank you for being such a good fan of my BLOG! K